Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I have the Sigma 10-20mm F4.5-5.6...a guy is willing to trade his 14mm F2.8 prime...should I do it? i like it that its prime lens

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
I have the Sigma 10-20mm F4.5-5.6...a guy is willing to trade his 14mm F2.8 prime...should I do it? i like it that its prime lens

I love my 10-20mm, would i prefer a 14mm prime? no.
But that's my opinion, try the 14mm, see which suits your style best or which you prefer using, only you can really decide which lens you want, then if you make the wrong decision it's your own fault, good luck ;)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
No. The zoom is sharp enough. Other than lost flexibility, what would you gain from the prime? Unless you do a LOT of indoor group shots, I don't see the benefit of having the f/2.8 at such a wide angle.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
No. The zoom is sharp enough. Other than lost flexibility, what would you gain from the prime? Unless you do a LOT of indoor group shots, I don't see the benefit of having the f/2.8 at such a wide angle.

actually, i found out that the lens is full frame compatible. which is a benefit when I plan to upgrade from my D300

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.