Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glennp

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
Washington, DC
miloblithe said:
Does anyone know when this lens might be available and how much it will cost?

All rumor at this point, haven't seen anything concrete about availability. But if the past is any indication, it may be awhile. When they announced their 80-400 EX OS APO lens at Photokina 2002 (their other OS lens), it took over 8 months to arrive :( Hopefully, things have sped up a bit in 4 years.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
glennp said:
All rumor at this point, haven't seen anything concrete about availability. But if the past is any indication, it may be awhile. When they announced their 80-400 EX OS APO lens at Photokina 2002 (their other OS lens), it took over 8 months to arrive :( Hopefully, things have sped up a bit in 4 years.

Well, then the rumor has an odd source:

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/news/news.asp?nID=3277

:)

But thanks. That probably answers the question. Sounds like it'll be at least a little while.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
i can't believe the only lens i like and think fits my need for general usage lens is one that's not available... there gotta be more

i want a one with some, doesn't have to have a lot zoom... 18-50mm is fine, or something in that rage
one that can shoot at f/2.8 thru out the range
one that has relatively small minimum focus distance, around .3, lower the better
one that's not more than $500... am i asking too much?

glennp

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
Washington, DC
miloblithe said:
Well, then the rumor has an odd source:

All rumor with regards to pricing and availability, not that the lens was announced :cool:

The range of prices has been guessed at anywhere between $500 and $800.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.