Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I've got a 30D, and I can pick up a CANON 135MM F2.8 FD for about $100 used. Does anyone have this lens and is $100 a good deal. I really like the 2.8.

How well do the FD lenses work with Digital?

Thanks again,

Coachingguy

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You cannot mount FD lenses directly to any Canon EOS camera, including all Canon DSLRs. You can get an EF/FD adaptor, but you need to be aware that there will be no autofocus so you will have to focus manually.

Edit: Just looked it up and it sounds like FD->EF mount conversion is very expensive and only works for some lenses Wiki link...

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
You cannot mount FD lenses directly to any Canon EOS camera, including all Canon DSLRs. You can get an EF/FD adaptor, but you need to be aware that there will be no autofocus so you will have to focus manually.

Edit: Just looked it up and it sounds like FD->EF mount conversion is very expensive and only works for some lenses Wiki link...

Thanks!

Coachingguy

ButtUglyJeff

macrumors 6502a
Shop for an EF or EF-S lenses, the only difference being the EF works on all SLR, and the EF-S only works properly on DSLRs with the image sensors that use the 1.6 conversion factor. The 30D does that..............

I often get excited, when I see a cheap peice of Canon glass on eBay, only to get disappointed to find out its an FD mount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.