Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morphilic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Is anybody else missing the tool in your new iphone box?

Mine has the slot for it in the envelope with the stickers but no tool anywhere.

I checked everywhere already and there is no way it dropped out.

Would the apple store be able to get me one?

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
They haven’t provided one for eons. I’m surprised yours even had a spot for it, mine sure didn’t. I had one hanging around the house from previous phones.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas

Mine has the slot for it in the envelope with the stickers but no tool anywhere.

You can get a box of 100 at Staples.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
They haven’t provided one for eons. I’m surprised yours even had a spot for it, mine sure didn’t. I had one hanging around the house from previous phones.

My XS Max SIM free version had the tool. I believe only the SIM free versions have them still, since all the carrier models are meant to be used with the installed SIM card.

Slicklx

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
My XS Max SIM free version had the tool. I believe only the SIM free versions have them still, since all the carrier models are meant to be used with the installed SIM card.
I have one and I got my phone from Verizon.

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
Not true my wife's XS had the tool and the phone came with a tool and I saw many unboxing videos and the tool was in the package. The tool is important especially if you are swapping sim from your old phone and for future use...

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Nope. Mine came with a Verizon sim and a removal tool. Just like my iPhone, iPhone 3g, 3GS, 4...7 plus,x etc.

Sometimes they are easier to find than others in the packaging, but every year my box has had one.

Gotcha, my at&t models never had one. Sim Free always has, who knows.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The sim tool if you do get it is great

That liquid alloy or whatever it is. It’s really strong and not gonna bust up your sim tray poking in that eject hole

I’ve destroyed two sim trays with a flaky paperclip (my fault but would prefer to not again anytime soon)

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2018

Apple always has and still does provide the sim tray tool in the box. At least in Canada - may be different elsewhere.

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
Mine came with one. (AT&T).
I've had every iPhone since the original and there have only been 2 or 3 that didn't include it in the box.

Last edited:

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
They all come with one - it's even on Apple's website when you look under 'what comes in the box?'

My T-Mobile XS Max has one. It's tucked away inside the documentation sleeve.

Reactions: Baldilocks

Morphilic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Mine is a ATT 256GB model thru the iPhone upgrade program in the US.

I guess it might be random and I'm just unlucky this time. The last time I got a tool was with my 3GS back in the day.

I have just seen so many unboxing vids this time around with em in the box...

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Mine is a ATT 256GB model thru the iPhone upgrade program in the US.

I guess it might be random and I'm just unlucky this time. The last time I got a tool was with my 3GS back in the day.

I have just seen so many unboxing vids this time around with em in the box...

It DOES happen. Hey, at least the phone was in the box. :)

iPhone XS Max

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2018

It’s hidden where the appl stickers are in the documentation. You’ll find it in that little package. I couldn’t find mine either until
I finally looked there. Let us know if you find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.