Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgruder

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
UK
This is driving me nuts. After I rtfm, Googled I still can't find an answer to a simple basic question.

How do I compare side-by-side the original and the modified image in Aperture? I know that I can toggle with the space bar the 'm' key, and compare different images easily, but how to see side by side.

I'm undecided between LR and Aperture and in LR this is easy - there is even an icon for it. But I cannot find out anywhere how to do it in Aperture.

tomcattmatt

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2007
Here

I believe you select the two images and press enter. That puts it in comparison mode. To get out of it press command enter.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You cannot easily display the master and final output of the same version in Aperture. The only way I have found to do this is to create a new version from master and compare the unaltered version with your final version. Note this only costs a few kb of space as the actual underlying image is not copied...

asrosser

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2007
two options I can think of

Either create a new image from master and revert all the settings to default.

Or, the way Apple intended, use the 'M' keyboard shortcut to temporarily show the unmodified view. That way you can even more easily (IMO) see subtle differences. Try that.

Adam

macgruder

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
UK
Thanks! I have been doing the 'm' trick, but I'll try Robbie's way.

Seems to be a strange oversight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.