Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronraimist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2017
Ever since I updated from 13.3.1 to iOS 13.4 my Photos app is showing photos out of order and is generally messed up. A few hours after I updated I went to the Recents album and I almost had a heart attack because it was showing me photos from December and I thought it had deleted all of my photos since then. It was actually just showing them out of order but now it is making me question the data integrity of my photos. Each of the places in the interface where it tells you how many photos you have total show a different number...

Today I took a bunch of photos and then at the end of the day opened the photos app and none of them are there!?! Rebooting the phone fixed it and now it shows the photos from today but this is crazy. I had not been having any significant issues on any of the earlier versions of iOS 13 (other than some sluggishness) until iOS 13.4.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cristalxox177

Cristalxox177

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2020
Ever since I updated from 13.3.1 to iOS 13.4 my Photos app is showing photos out of order and is generally messed up. A few hours after I updated I went to the Recents album and I almost had a heart attack because it was showing me photos from December and I thought it had deleted all of my photos since then. It was actually just showing them out of order but now it is making me question the data integrity of my photos. Each of the places in the interface where it tells you how many photos you have total show a different number...

Today I took a bunch of photos and then at the end of the day opened the photos app and none of them are there!?! Rebooting the phone fixed it and now it shows the photos from today but this is crazy. I had not been having any significant issues on any of the earlier versions of iOS 13 (other than some sluggishness) until iOS 13.4.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
This has happened to me. I am so upset about it whenever I try to go in any app I have go delete it than go on it or it just crashes. The camera doesn’t work anymore and FaceTime doesn’t work either this update is horrible

MrAverigeUser

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2015
europe
This happened to me already a year ago, when I switched from IOS11 to IOS 12.2

In fact, a lot of photos were definitely erased on my iPad Pro 9,6” and got lost for all times and neither several reboots nor other methods recommendated here in the forum were able to get them back!

s1lv3r

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2010
Germany
I’m having the same problem. I’ve update both my iPhone 11 Pro Max and IPad Air 2019 today and more than 35000 photos disappeared from my Photos app, “luckily” just on the iPhone. Weirdly it shows that the app is still taking more than 15gb on the iPhone, so I guess it’s just a bug on the app itself. I’ve already tried to hard reset it twice, to deactivate and reactivate iCloud photos, to activate the Download Originals on this IPhone option and to disconnect and reconnect my iCloud account on my iPhone, nothing worked so far.

Maybe doing a backup restoration from yesterday will work, I’m just worried about my WhatsApp messages since it’s not showing anymore when the last backup was done.

Anyone with better luck?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.