Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I already have "Wake for network" and "Power nap" disabled but my iMac is constantly now waking up from sleep. Approximately at 30mn intervals. Did not happen under High Sierra.

The logs say these two are the reason:

AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC1
and
AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC XHC1 (Alarm)

Any insight would be truly appreciated!

jsfpa

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2003
Probably not your issue but I had the same problem and it turned out to be the usb extension I had on my keyboard. My wake up issue also happened under High Sierra. I picked up the new wireless keyboard with 10 keypad. No problems ever since I installed it.

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015
I already have "Wake for network" and "Power nap" disabled but my iMac is constantly now waking up from sleep. Approximately at 30mn intervals. Did not happen under High Sierra.

The logs say these two are the reason:

AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHC1
and
AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC XHC1 (Alarm)

Any insight would be truly appreciated!

My MacBook as oppose to your problem does not want to wake up from sleep.
[doublepost=1538209236][/doublepost]
Probably not your issue but I had the same problem and it turned out to be the usb extension I had on my keyboard. My wake up issue also happened under High Sierra. I picked up the new wireless keyboard with 10 keypad. No problems ever since I installed it.

A wireless keyboard was causing my MacBook to not wake from sleep. I'm using another wireless keyboard all this day, it seems that fixed the problem. Crossing fingers.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Spoke too soon. Last night it woke up once an hour. Same as before it's a bunch of "Wake reason: RTC XHC1 (Alarm)" codes I see in terminal, one exactly every hour.

Power Nap and Wake for network are already both disabled.

I've filed a Bug report with Apple since this is new to me (did not do this with HS) but if anybody knows how to fix it I'd appreciate it!

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
My 2017 iMac just refused to wake from sleep. This is the first time this has happened since I bought it a year ago. I had to hold down the power button until it rebooted.

It's interesting to see that post about a wireless keyboard causing this. I use a Logitech K811 Bluetooth keyboard, which has been great. But just after my iMac rebooted I received a notification that Logitech had an update for the System Preference module for the keyboard. If the keyboard was the culprit, I hope the update fixes it.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Seems to have been fixed with the .1 update yay! When I filed the bug report with Apple it was marked as a duplicate so Apple was aware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.