Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nytro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
So, a couple of weeks ago I moved to London, and since one of my hobbies is to go to the cinema, I started asking Siri - on my iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB - for movie showtimes: an opportunity to play around with Siri’s capabilities, since back where I lived there was not much I could do with it. Now, I would just say “hey Siri, show what movies are playing nearby”, and bam, she would give me a full list of films.
However, a couple of days ago, I did it as I always did - and it only showed one single film on one single cinema. I thought it was maybe a glitch, so I did it again, and it happened again. I rebooted the phone, to no avail. I thought “forget it”, thinking it would work the next day. The problem is I tried it the next day, and now Siri won’t even show me any movies or cinemas at all - it will literally search the web on Safari. If I say “show me movies playing around”, it will reply “here’s what I found on the web for “show me movies playing around”. This is really annoying, and I waited a couple of days, and it’s still happening. Is this a known issue? Is it Siri’s servers, or my phone? Because everything else - game scores, restaurants, directions, etc - is working flawlessly. I don’t know if this has anything to do with updating recently to iOS 11.
And now the weirdest part: I have an Apple Watch, and if I try the exact same question with it, it does in fact show me every movie playing around me!
Why is it insisting on giving me the finger when I ask for movies? Sure, I could just google it myself, but isn’t it convenient when you could just ask your phone? Anyway, HELP ME. Any opinion/advice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.