Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZzCloudszZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
I have an iPhone XR, iOS 14.0.1, and I never used Siri before. Now that I have my first Apple Watch it seems it would be handy to have it turned on. Before I updated the watch I could access the various Siri items in the watch (Settings > Siri). Now they are all greyed out.

I can't figure out what it is on the watch or on the phone that would unlock these settings. Are there settings I should look at before resetting the watch and/or the phone?

ZzCloudszZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
It seems activated to me since I've had issues where Voice Control got inadvertently activated. Attached is what I see on my phone.

Attachments

• Siri.jpg
    Siri.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: ChrisaLyd12

ChrisaLyd12

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2020
Hi, I have 2 iPhone XR's running iOS 14.0.1 and 2 Apple Watch Series 6 running WatchOS 7.0.1 and both have Siri enabled on the phone and Watch App settings. However, when going into the Settings on the Watch, all 3 options are greyed out.

Siri watch face fails to activate Siri and none of the Siri activations work on the watch. Crown fails to work, Hey Siri fails to work.

Help!!!!!!!!!

beermilkshake

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
Oh damn it, I have the exact same problem and I don’t want to do Reset all settings. This was really the only option? ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.