Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noanker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2015
I posted earlier a reply to a thread regarding Siri becoming available on OS X and got to thinking of some of the enhancements Apple could make. It could become a potential life saver to someone who has certain medical conditions by integrating Bluetooth-enabled instruments (e.g. BP monitors, Glucose Readers, et.al) and Apple Health with Siri.

Audible reminders regarding when to take a medication, having Siri report improvements or decrease in reading results. Patient-enabled options to proactively notify the user's doctor of any changes in reading results to hopefully stave off any unintended issues.

And I'd love to see some work done with an app that can work with Siri to help Alzheimer's patients. Memory exercises and reminders for Alzheimer's victims with tracking that can be downloaded and reviewed by the patient's physician.

I know there's so much more Siri can do and Apple could really take the lead if more focus (and no doubt dollars) could be directed towards making Siri an indispensable feature of iOS and OS X.

Any thoughts or ideas to add?

Reactions: H3boy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.