Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
Every time I dictate to Siri using "Hey Siri" or by holding down the home button, Siri either misses the first word or two or comes up with a blank box completely. This is despite the iPhone actually picking up exactly what I've said (Look at attached screenshots).

I tried different phrases, different contacts, still the same issue.

This has been going on for a month. I even setup the phone as new, still the same issue. Latest software.

Any suggestions? I know Siri taps into the server side of things, and the hardware does seem to be picking up what I am saying, so how would this possibly be fixed? Apple is escalating me to their engineers but thought I would get an idea from the Community too.

Anyone else having issues?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 262

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Every time I dictate to Siri using "Hey Siri" or by holding down the home button, Siri either misses the first word or two or comes up with a blank box completely. This is despite the iPhone actually picking up exactly what I've said (Look at attached screenshots).

I tried different phrases, different contacts, still the same issue.

This has been going on for a month. I even setup the phone as new, still the same issue. Latest software.

Any suggestions? I know Siri taps into the server side of things, and the hardware does seem to be picking up what I am saying, so how would this possibly be fixed? Apple is escalating me to their engineers but thought I would get an idea from the Community too.

Anyone else having issues?
Has it always happened or just recently?
Does it happen all the time or in certain circumstances?
Are you connected to Bluetooth when it happens?

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
Has it always happened or just recently?
Does it happen all the time or in certain circumstances?
Are you connected to Bluetooth when it happens?

It's been happening for the last 6 weeks or so. It happens 75% of the time, the other 25% it sometimes captures the full phrase. It's hit and miss at times but the frequency is quite annoying especially since I use "Hey Siri" whilst driving to respond or send messages and it cuts off words rendering it useless. I use it at work to send messages too and home, same problem.

Not connected to Bluetooth.

mpv13

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2017
It's been happening for the last 6 weeks or so. It happens 75% of the time, the other 25% it sometimes captures the full phrase. It's hit and miss at times but the frequency is quite annoying especially since I use "Hey Siri" whilst driving to respond or send messages and it cuts off words rendering it useless. I use it at work to send messages too and home, same problem.

Not connected to Bluetooth.

This same thing is happening to me on a 6s I just purchased used and set up with latest OS and restored data from my 5s. Can't train for Hey Siri. Misses first word or couple of words on dictation. Voice recording works fine so mic is working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.