Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chri501

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
Hey all,

Siri is not being activated on the iPhone 7 when the lightning headphone button is being held. This used to happen on previous iPhones just fine with the AUX plug.

What is going on here? Is this another software negligence issue on apple's behalf? Everything is being done right - just like the old way but siri is not awakening and answering.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: macfacts

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you tried unplugging and plugging the headphones back in? Perhaps a different set of headphones (if possible)? It should work normally as it did before.

Chri501

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
Have you tried unplugging and plugging the headphones back in? Perhaps a different set of headphones (if possible)? It should work normally as it did before.
Hi thank you for answering. Yes I have tried it many times over a week and I haven't been able to get it to work. Siri is most helpful when doing multiple things which is most often when the headphones are in so this is quite annoying. Thanks!

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2016
Hi thank you for answering. Yes I have tried it many times over a week and I haven't been able to get it to work. Siri is most helpful when doing multiple things which is most often when the headphones are in so this is quite annoying. Thanks!
What version of iOS 10 are you on because there used to be a bug where the headphone buttons and volume controls wouldn't work but they fixed it with iOS 10.1.1 I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.