Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 20, 2015
I currently juggle two reminders apps and I'm having a bit of trouble getting Siri to recognize which one I want to use when adding stuff via dictation. Wondering if anybody has any tips.

I use Things for most stuff, but have a shared list in Reminders and will occasionally add a location-aware to-do there as well (both of these being features Things lacks unfortunately).

In iOS 16, I found that if I said "when I arrive at work, remind me to bring my thermos home" Siri would by default add that to Reminders. If I wanted to add something to Things, I would say "In Things, remind me to email Mark back tonight". So the default was to add everything to Reminders unless I specified Things. A little clumsy, but workable.

Now, in iOS 17, I'm finding it's getting very confused. I tried my old "when I arrive at work remind me..." and it added that reminder to Things instead of Reminders.

Anybody else juggling to-do apps and have any Siri advice? I know Siri is dumb as rocks, but it has at least been moderately consistent in the past and I'd like to avoid typing in reminders.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.