Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frantisekj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
Deep inside Europe :-)
I was doodling it but have not found anything usable. I am quite confused from word shortcuts used in both situations.

Can I use Siri shortcuts in Apps use somehow as classical shortcuts within iOS? I can make shortcut working with Siri but I have not found way to do opposite.

Example. TextGraber has shortcut Recognize last image. Super. Telling to Siri.... You have to have same language set in your system.... So if I would like to handle photos with Siri I have to switch primary language to one Siri knows. Bummer.

So I want to use it manually from photos via action extension. Or widget... I am afraid there is no way to do that and it confuse me a lot. From some point it all looks like mess to me.

Thanks for clarification or tips what I missed.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Are you familiar with the Shortcuts app in general? Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

On the top right when you're making a shortcut, there is a settings page. There's toggles for showing it in the widget and the share sheet. When you toggle the share sheet option, it shows you another setting for what types of content you want it to show up for. Just have it for Images.

In iOS 12, in the share sheet, you're going to use it through the Shortcuts extension that shows you shortcuts related to the content your sharing. In iOS 13, the shortcuts themselves are their own extensions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.