Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Echoes1024

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Hey everyone, took this photo from my roof yesterday evening. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it. The lights in the foreground are distracting, I know. Overall, what do make of it?

Perhaps this image also suffers from a lack of subject or is the sky a 'proper' subject?

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

DSC_05012-1.jpg

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Hey everyone, took this photo from my roof yesterday evening. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it. The lights in the foreground are distracting, I know. Overall, what do make of it?

Perhaps this image also suffers from a lack of subject or is the sky a 'proper' subject?

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

DSC_05012-1.jpg

I like it. I personally would crop 80% of the foreground.

What technique did you use to get this? Or is your sky just naturally this nice?

This is a very nice picture.

Echoes1024

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Thank you! :D

Oh and I just applied Auto Levels to the image, the original one didn't look as I wanted it to. But it was beautiful nonetheless; I went up to the roof to take this after watching the beautiful cloud colors.

Oh and here is a version of the above shot with more cropping. Does this look better? I think the photo above has more visual tension, no?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/PsychedelicBreakfast/DSC_0501.jpg

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
If you dont mind me playing with your image, this is what i was picturing.

However that was just me. You could obviously have a different perspective of the picture.

Attachments

• DSC_05012-1-crop.jpg
    DSC_05012-1-crop.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.