Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
Hello guys,

I found some thread on the forum about this topic but I could not solve my problem, so I am asking again, sorry for that.

I have activated the Sleep app on my Apple Watch, and set up an alarm for the morning, and I would like to have only my watch waking me up.
However every time my phone starts ringing the alarm too, even when I have the watch on me while sleeping.
Both devices are in Sleep Focus mode, not in airplane mode, everything is set, I do not understand.
The only thing is that I disabled the sound on my Apple Watch because I want just the vibrations, is this the reason why the phone is ringing?

Sorry for the stupid asking, I am a bit lost :/

Thanks guys !

oric1sg

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2017
If you've taken out your watch and put it back on again, you need to key in the passcode on the watch else the alarm on the phone will go off instead of your watch.

Reactions: Agile55

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
If you've taken out your watch and put it back on again, you need to key in the passcode on the watch else the alarm on the phone will go off instead of your watch.

Thanks for your advice ! My watch was on my wrist and not locked with the passcode, so this should not be the reason...

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX

Had a sim issue (wear S7 sleeping) & when the Ultra arrived last month it was in another room, changed the S7 wake time but the Ultra went off @ the previous wake time so now if the wake time gets changed I enter the passcode on the Ultra & now both have the same wake time.

Reactions: oric1sg

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
It seems I figured out how to make this work, aka having the watch tracking my sleep and waking me up by vibrating only.

I activated the Sleep tracking program, defining the wake up hour and so.
On the iPhone, in the sleep app, I define the volume of the alarm at the minimum.
I activated the notification sound of the watch, via the sliding menu from the down of the screen.

Then it worked exactly as intended : the watch woke me up, only by vibrations, without a sound coming from neither the watch or the phone.

Reactions: Agile55
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.