Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lakris

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
I try to use the sleep schedule in the health app but I can't figure out how to make it work on the right days. I have one time set for monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday because that's the nights I go early to sleep because of work. And Friday night and Saturday night I have another time set in the schedule. But the schedule won't alert me the right days. Is it something I got wrong? Anybody experiencing the same thing?

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I haven't tried to have different schedules, such as you have set up, but the sleep app does work fine for me on the days I have selected.

Try clearing it and then setting up again from scratch.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
One thing I don't understand is this:

Why, when you set an alarm in the Sleep app on the Apple Watch (so setting one for 6am in the morning) ALSO sets up the very same alarm in the Clock app on iPhone? (the same 6am alarm then shows in the alarms tab) ??

This makes no sense because when the watch alarm goes off at 6am, the phone also goes off at 6??!

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
One thing I don't understand is this:

Why, when you set an alarm in the Sleep app on the Apple Watch (so setting one for 6am in the morning) ALSO sets up the very same alarm in the Clock app on iPhone? (the same 6am alarm then shows in the alarms tab) ??

This makes no sense because when the watch alarm goes off at 6am, the phone also goes off at 6??!
Mine does not do that. Check your settings, something is probably set to do that.

guinnessduck

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2020
I’ve found that if I have a sleep schedule alarm set on my watch - if I’m not wearing my watch when that time rolls around, the alarm on my phone will go off instead. Their might be some setting to change that, but I never looked too hard as I actually like that feature... just so long as both alarms never start going off at once!

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Mine does not do that. Check your settings, something is probably set to do that.

I’ve found that if I have a sleep schedule alarm set on my watch - if I’m not wearing my watch when that time rolls around, the alarm on my phone will go off instead. Their might be some setting to change that, but I never looked too hard as I actually like that feature... just so long as both alarms never start going off at once!

...both the alarms go off, even when I am wearing the watch?!

There are no settings on the phone to disable the alarm on the phone but keep the alarm I have set on the watch within the Sleep app - this makes no sense??!

Last edited:

guinnessduck

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2020
...both the alarms go off, even when I am wearing the watch?!

There are no settings on the phone to disable the alarm on the phone but keep the alarm I have set on the watch within the Sleep app - this makes no sense??!
I might have spoke poorly - I've never actually had both alarms go off at once. The phone only goes off if my watch is not on when the alarm is scheduled to go off.

However it seems you are correct in that there is no way to turn that off, short of not using the sleep schedule. Which, I do agree, is silly and makes no sense.

Reactions: Dino F
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.