Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

betovzky

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
Hi guys, I have an Nvidia RTX 4090 installed and when I usually turn off the display using Ctrl+Cmd+Q after a few minutes the system crashes. I have found the solution, under macOS Ventura 13.2.1 is just a toggle of a switch:

System Settings > Displays > Advanced > Energy

Prevent automatic sleeping when the display is off

No more crashes and I can lock and turn the display off as I always used to do.

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 09.16.33.png Ctrl + Cmd + Q.png

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
That's great you fixed your problem, but I don't think macOS is compatible with an RTX 4090 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). What Mac are you using?

betovzky

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
That's great you fixed your problem, but I don't think macOS is compatible with an RTX 4090 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). What Mac are you using?
Is compatible in bootcamp of course :p This is a solution to avoid crashes when you are working on macOS.

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Is compatible in bootcamp of course :p This is a solution to avoid crashes when you are working on macOS.
Very true, I always forget about good ol' Bootcamp! So is macOS using a different GPU, or the 4090 without acceleration? I take it you're probably using a 2019 7,1 Mac Pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.