Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2022
Malaysia
I always sleep on the bed with the phone next to me. After waking up from sleep my phone is automatically under my body or arm and I'm weightless, only 50kg. My question is, does it affect my phone? Does it affect the internal body part of my phone? Thank you and sorry for the trivial questionšŸ’œ

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
This has happened to me once when I was watching something on Netflix and fell asleep before it ended. The phone is usually around an armā€™s length away from me when I KO in bed but that time it was underneath me. I am 67kg and there was zero damage to the phone. The phone will just get pressed into the bed so I canā€™t see anyone causing any damage if this happens unless they are heavily overweight.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
I always sleep on the bed with the phone next to me. After waking up from sleep my phone is automatically under my body or arm and I'm weightless, only 50kg. My question is, does it affect my phone? Does it affect the internal body part of my phone? Thank you and sorry for the trivial questionšŸ’œ

Maybe put it under the edge of your pillow instead?

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Just make sure if youā€™re a man itā€™s far away from your South Dakota regions.

MobiusTech

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
I've had sex with my phone under the full weight of my knee for 45 seconds on my honeymoon in Hawaii with my last wife. It was fine because I had protection on it. Even though it looks small it is pretty tough. Trust me.

Last edited:

lostPod

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2022
I've had sex with my phone under the full weight of my knee for 45 seconds on my honeymoon in Hawaii with my last wife. It was fine because I had protection on it. Even though it looks small it is pretty tough. Trust me.
That was the only protection ---- ohhhhhh snap

Sami13496

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2022
You shouldnā€™t keep your phone close to your body like that, especially close to your head, heart or other vital organs. Itā€™s not good. Besides, itā€™s not good if you go sleep with your phone all the time. It makes it harder to fall asleep. You can google about it. Try go to bed without gadgets. You can do it. People have done it in the past.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Only if you get a wake up call

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I know there are a lot of arguments about RF being harmful, not sure what to believe but sleeping on your phone canā€™t be good for you. Just blocking the signal with your body will cause it to increase RF to stay in touch with the network.

I would avoid.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
The phone can bend. A mate of mine often places his 12 Pro Max in his back pocket and few times he forgot to take it out, it is now slightly bent. If you get on top of the phone with enough weight it can bend, of course this is different to sitting on it but regardless Iā€™d rather not keep doing that just in case.

silksonic

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
I sleep with my phone next to me every night. It may wander several inches from my pillow, but never end up under any of my body parts. I guess I am the most disciplined sleeper in this thread. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.