Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kumabjorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2016
My first posting.
Long time Windows/Android user (go ahead and boo), bought the iPad Pro 9.7 a few days ago. So back to being a sort of part time noobie, hence the cry for help.

When I started exploring the iPad I discovered Slide Over (by chance, not much of a manual reader) and it had all my installed apps listed as icons. So it was easy to have them available. I did that with Word and OneNote for a while. However, now that I slide in from the right edge all I have is the open running OneNote app. No icons, no alternatives. I'm used to closing apps from W/A environment, but that seems not to be how iOS works, at least I can't find any X except when I long tap an icon on the home screen, and then tapping the X will off course uninstall the app.

So what am I missing, and how do I get the regular Slide Over option back with different app selections?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My first posting.
Long time Windows/Android user (go ahead and boo), bought the iPad Pro 9.7 a few days ago. So back to being a sort of part time noobie, hence the cry for help.

When I started exploring the iPad I discovered Slide Over (by chance, not much of a manual reader) and it had all my installed apps listed as icons. So it was easy to have them available. I did that with Word and OneNote for a while. However, now that I slide in from the right edge all I have is the open running OneNote app. No icons, no alternatives. I'm used to closing apps from W/A environment, but that seems not to be how iOS works, at least I can't find any X except when I long tap an icon on the home screen, and then tapping the X will off course uninstall the app.

So what am I missing, and how do I get the regular Slide Over option back with different app selections?

When you pull slide over over. You'll see a little dash at the top of the slide over screen. Pull down on the dash and all your apps will return.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Don't worry. I find split screen on both the iPad and the Mac one of the more unintuitive things apple has implemented recently. At least on iOS you will probably see the side arrow accidentally from time to time. On the Mac I still have to google how to use split screen every time.

Reactions: Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2016
Don't worry. I find split screen on both the iPad and the Mac one of the more unintuitive things apple has implemented recently. At least on iOS you will probably see the side arrow accidentally from time to time. On the Mac I still have to google how to use split screen every time.
Glad to know I'm not alone. Most of these "anomalies" are probably intuitive to average Apple user, but when you come over from different platforms it it's quite vexing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.