Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerseyKyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
years ago in college i made a slideshow where you could add music and there was a timer on the bottom toolbar where you could control how each pic stays to go in tune with the music i.e.--good drumline on music paired with football players getting hit to the music. i have imac with snow leopard 10.6 there must be some program here to do this if not one better!!! anyone know how i can do this??

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I can think of several.

Use QT Pro. Open the audio track. Select the first section of audio track, paste the first image over this, move insert widget to the end of the first image, select the next section of music and repeat. Kind of tedious.

Use Keynote. Put each image on a different slide. Add an audio track. Export as QT with manual advance. You'll listen to the music and hit the arrow key to advance when you want it to advance.

Another way to use Keynote will take a little experimentation. You can have Keynote export to QT and automatically play each slide for a fixed time. You could probably set this to a short time like 1s and then add an invisible object that had an action attached to it for a specific time. Then you could edit this time if you wanted to tweak the slides. I've only had experience with this for single slides with complex actions but it worked. Should work for multiple slides.

I'm less familiar with it but I think you could do this in iMovie. Similar idea as above, put the images into the movie one by one. Add a sound track. Stretch the time for each slide as desired. I've seen demos of this (not strictly for slide shows but adding stills to a movie) so I believe it would work though I haven't yet tried it. This is something I want to incorporate in a future movie I'm working on.

Exporting a slide show from iPhoto or Aperture results in fixed times per image.

JerseyKyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Thanks alot for the suggestions when i find some time soon i will try and let you know how it goes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.