Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LauraJean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2015
Denver, CO
I have an iPod Touch purchased last August. How can I turn off the unwanted music that plays during a slideshow? I take nature videos and would like to hear the recorded natural sounds.

I sure miss the ease of doing simple slideshows, with or without music, on my (much) older devices. You could do a slideshow for camera roll. Slides would be displayed in album order. On this iOS 10 device, I created an album with the camera roll images. Aside from the persistent music, the slides are out of order and some are missing. Web research and forum searches have been no help. There is nothing helpful in the Photos App system settings. I guess I am too conditioned by the older software to see any value in something called "memories".

The newer camera is great, though, easier to use.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I had some fun (sarcasm) trying to make one for my wife last month.

This was the best reference I found to creating memories. Maybe this will help unpick your music issue if you can see the creation process.

http://www.addictivetips.com/ios/how-to-make-photo-memories-in-ios-10-a-complete-guide/

BTW I think 8 items or more, be they photos or movies are needed to create a memory and live pictures are hit and miss whether they work or not.

LauraJean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2015
Denver, CO
I had some fun (sarcasm) trying to make one for my wife last month.

This was the best reference I found to creating memories. Maybe this will help unpick your music issue if you can see the creation process.

http://www.addictivetips.com/ios/how-to-make-photo-memories-in-ios-10-a-complete-guide/

BTW I think 8 items or more, be they photos or movies are needed to create a memory and live pictures are hit and miss whether they work or not.

Thank you for the link. I followed the instructions but the result was unsatisfactory. I put 15 nature videos, all with the same date in an album named "Test Memory". The Memory software only included the first eight videos. When I edited the memory to "Long", it found other photos with the same date but NOT included in the album "Test Memory". The music selection did not include "None", so instead of the sound of waves braking on the shore, tree leaves blowing in the wind, and ducks quacking, I could listen to some Apple programmer's idea of what I want.

I may pursue this exercise on my MacBook Air running El Capitan Photos.

Reactions: kenoh

LauraJean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2015
Denver, CO
Ok. I struggled some more, this time on my iOS 10 iPAD Mini with its larger easier screen, and finally noticed the odd-looking button, the 3-lines-each-with-a-circle thing that brings up an editing panel for--hallaluya-- permanent custom settings!! That's where "None" is for music, and the selection/number of images is controlled. Whew, now I can see the value of the "Memories" feature, though I still am not fond of that too-cute word when "Movie" or "Slideshow" would have been more meaningful.

Reactions: kenoh

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
I have an iPod Touch purchased last August. How can I turn off the unwanted music that plays during a slideshow? I take nature videos and would like to hear the recorded natural sounds.

I sure miss the ease of doing simple slideshows, with or without music, on my (much) older devices. You could do a slideshow for camera roll. Slides would be displayed in album order. On this iOS 10 device, I created an album with the camera roll images. Aside from the persistent music, the slides are out of order and some are missing. Web research and forum searches have been no help. There is nothing helpful in the Photos App system settings. I guess I am too conditioned by the older software to see any value in something called "memories".

You can create a slideshow at any time by selecting the images you want, and then selecting "Slideshow" in the Share Sheet:

IMG_1332.jpg

Once it opens, tapping "Options" allows you to change the music and other things.

LauraJean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2015
Denver, CO
You can create a slideshow at any time by selecting the images you want, and then selecting "Slideshow" in the Share Sheet:

View attachment 686534

Once it opens, tapping "Options" allows you to change the music and other things.
Just tried this method, it is very simple and isn't mixed up with "memories". And it works with images in camera roll. I was glad to see that "NONE" for music, which I set some time ago, is a permanent default. Thank you for this tip.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.