Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
i want a sony dsc T series camera (T1,T10 or T30).... if any of you dont think thats the right camera, what other slim camera do you guys recommend for me?
P.S. the camera has to be a slim camera under 400 because she said i mght also get the new ipod or 80 gb also for my brithday/make up christmas present because my parents broke one of my presents yesterday.....

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
thanks those look cool.:D but i want to have one that can fit as easy in my pocket as my phone.

it does... the SD600 is very slim....
I have a nikon S5 (i think) and it to is slim, i put it in my pocket all the time when going out to bars :D Both are about the same thickness, i got a better deal on the nikon then the canon SD600 so i got the nikon...

edit forgot to add the olympus 720SW. its 7MP, a bit thicker but its shock/water prof/resistance, so if your a clutz consider this one. here's the link to best buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat99300050007&id=1134704163820

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Olympus has the 725SW as well, and it's waterproof up to 5 metres rather than 3 metres. That's a big pool of beer you could drop it into. :eek: However, the Olympus cameras use xD memory, which isn't so cheap and isn't used by (many) other companies.

Canon's thin point and shoot cameras are decent, but they're not the thinnest. I'd probably stick with the Sony you're looking at, or look at Fuji or Casio. They both make good thin cameras as well. :)

coldrain

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2006
Casio does not make many good cameras. Most have crap lenses and noisy results. Canon seems to make cosistently the best image quality wise, and the Sony W series is really good too. The Sony T series is a bit hampered by its lens. The Fuji Z5fd is not that thin, it does make the best pictures in high ISO setting.
I'd forget about the Olympus, for various reasons with image quality being the most important to me.

All in all I would suggest the Canon SD800 IS, that with its IS, wide angle lens, 88.9 x 58.4 x 25.4 mm / 3.5 x 2.3 x 1.0 in and very good image quality offers the most complete and well engineered compact package.

If that is too thick, the Canon Sd630 at 91.4 x 55.9 x 20.3 mm / 3.6 x 2.2 x 0.8 in is a very good and cheaper alternative, which is thinner than the Sony T series (96.5 x 58.4 x 22.9 mm / 3.8 x 2.3 x 0.9 in).

00hkelly

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
after considering all of the cameras you have named and other i chose the sony n1 its great, i think they have a n2 out now. the touch screen is great and you can draw on your mates faces :D (im 17) its pretty small and i never noticed it in my pocket. worth a look.

a great review site is http://www.dpreview.com

hodgjy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Fujifilm Z3

Look into the Fujifilm Finepix Z3. Good price. Small. Metal. Glass cover on the LCD screen. Non-extending lens. Iso up to 1600.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
Easy. Nikon S7c. Best p&s out there. Huge 3" screen with vibration reduction built into the camera for better pictures. And it is really really slim.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
i guess i forgot to say this but i boght a Sony DSC T7 off amazon.(refurbished) but came with everything..
Pretty good picture quality but my hand shakes when i hold it due to its size..
I dont know about Mac OS X compatibility because my MacBook is still in repair.

purelithium

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Kingston, Canada
Any of the Canon SD series cameras have superb IQ and are very easy to use and feel great.

The only downfall is that it has a proprietary battery, as most slim cameras have. I loved my old Sony Cybershot that took 2 AA batteries. So handy, if my batteries died and I didn't have my charger with me, I just had to buy them at the corner store...

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
whats wrong with your baby ;) ?

WELL.. :mad: lets start with small things. A lot of cosmetic cracks on trackpad surface!(i thought this was a durable laptop), then the CD drive was acting up, AND FOR the BIG one.. then i called because i shattered the lcd(fell off my bed while in speck hard shell) when i called they didnt put it down as a shatter. they said ti was just colored lines. So they halved the repair from 774 to 373 which made me pretty ok but its been two weeks since they recievd my laptop and its not finished yet(it was on hold until i send in a check for the repair) but i sent it(the check) in on january 11th and they havent recieved yet!
Maybe because i was told to send the check to austin tx where its very icey.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Easy. Nikon S7c. Best p&s out there. Huge 3" screen with vibration reduction built into the camera for better pictures. And it is really really slim.

And WiFi! My friend has an S7C and my grandmother has the S6. that LCD is amazing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.