Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKristoffer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Aalborg, Denmark
I'm experiencing some issues with the iCloud Drive upload speeds when uploading from iCloud.com or using the iCloud Drive program on Windows.

I only get good speeds when uploading from my MacBook using the build-in iCloud folder in OSX.

This is a screen capture from uploading a file using Safari. (Also tried Chrome, same results)
HSAK0oH.png

This is a screen capture from using the iCloud folder on OSX.
TB7uxuG.png

I've tried to upload from Windows as well, and here I only see the speeds of ~500KB/s from both browser upload and Windows iCloud Application.

Any ideas on how to improve the speeds? I've tried on two different networks and with multiple PC's. Same results.

gioms

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Illinois
Hi:

I have a brand new McBook Pro and I just updated it with the Mac OS Sierra 10.12. One of the supposed nice features of Sierra is that you can back up your documents, pictures, etc... However, this is almost an impossible task to accomplish as everybody has several thousand files and the upload speed of the average ISP is limited. Apple's upload speed does not shine either. So, now what? After several frustrating days, I went online and I read of many similarly frustrated Apple costumers, and I resorted to a competitor (Carbonide) backup system. It works like a charm, it is cheaper than Apple (unlimited data) only $125/3 years, and you can follow the backup that never happened with OS Sierra. Sorry Apple....:((

SamuelSchmamuel

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
Hi:

I have a brand new McBook Pro and I just updated it with the Mac OS Sierra 10.12. One of the supposed nice features of Sierra is that you can back up your documents, pictures, etc... However, this is almost an impossible task to accomplish as everybody has several thousand files and the upload speed of the average ISP is limited. Apple's upload speed does not shine either. So, now what? After several frustrating days, I went online and I read of many similarly frustrated Apple costumers, and I resorted to a competitor (Carbonide) backup system. It works like a charm, it is cheaper than Apple (unlimited data) only $125/3 years, and you can follow the backup that never happened with OS Sierra. Sorry Apple....:((
[doublepost=1498957090][/doublepost]Hey can you please tell me, does Carbonide upload your desktop too like iCloud attempts to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.