Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Picked up the S4 this afternoon, Got it all set up around 4pm, everything went smooth.

I'm not sure what this is...if it's a new setting I'm missing or something is goofy? (I'm coming from a Series 1, lot has changed) It just seems to be a tad sluggish when I turn my wrist and when the screen, time appears. (video below)

When I went out to Target about 90 min ago...it's nighttime...not a real bright parking lot, I checked my watch and the screen was really dim for a sec, screen went off. I turned my wrist again and get this delay. The lag is not happening all the time.

Not nit picking here - just something I noticed. My old Apple Watch without question responded faster than this.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Does that happen with all watchfaces? I don’t seem to have that problem though I do notice when using that particular watch face it was just a tad slower (but not as noticeable as yours). Wonder if all those complications may have something to do with it.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
I am using the same watch face you are using and typically do not have any issue. I assume you have tried to restart your device and / or hard restart?

Stingfello

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
I've noticed this too. Only on Infograph face. Like your video, 1st time is fast, but if rotated again quickly, there is a delay. If you wait a few more seconds and rotate, it's pretty fast again. Not a big worry for me.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I am using the same watch face you are using and typically do not have any issue. I assume you have tried to restart your device and / or hard restart?

Yep, I did restart it, no change. I was thinking this also Sting, if this was maybe TOO much info cause a lag, It's nomral one time, then slow to show the next.

I changed it to the "Simple" watch face. (Just hour, minute, and second hand) - its still has that lag.

Stingfello

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
Yep, I did restart it, no change. I was thinking this also Sting, if this was maybe TOO much info cause a lag, It's nomral one time, then slow to show the next.

I changed it to the "Simple" watch face. (Just hour, minute, and second hand) - its still has that lag.

10-4. I wonder if this lag is intentional, to keep the face less sensitive after just activating... assuming that since you just looked, you wouldn't be again so soon. Just a guess, but doesn't explain why only certain faces seem to be affected.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Odd.I just messed with the settings, Apple Watch App > General >Wake Screen. and toggled 'off' then 'on' again.
Then Rebooted the watch AND the phone. No idea, it seems better right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.