Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJtheAppleFanatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2017
Hello, are there any details on if there will be a Smart Battery Case for the iPhone XS? I know that there wasn’t any made for the X, but it would be nice if it were one made for the XS becuase it will determine of I get that of the XS Max.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
if not, you could hack one together - get a wireless portable power bank and glue it to a basic iphone case so it'll stay on the phone. Then just press the button on the side to charge your phone while using it.

I have one (but not glued to a case) and it is very handy not to have wires all over the place while charging. You do need to charge the power bank separately via lightning though..

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
There seems to be some decent third party options. I personally plan to use the XS Max with a battery case, just as soon as one is released.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
There seems to be some decent third party options. I personally plan to use the XS Max with a battery case, just as soon as one is released.

How much do you use a phone that a max would need a battery case?? With fast charging you could top it up in 30 mins at lunch if needed (and if you have access to a socket)

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
How much do you use a phone that a max would need a battery case?? With fast charging you could top it up in 30 mins at lunch if needed (and if you have access to a socket)

A lot. It’s basically my primary computing device. Especially when traveling. Battery always seems to go fast and I don’t ever wanna be stuck with a dead battery, especially when I’m out and need to use it for maps, navigation, etc.

On my iPhone 7 Plus by 2 pm I’m already 50% or so (I wake up at 6:30 am), so I like having the Mophie battery case. I’d love to have something similar on the XS Max.

Reactions: mrklaw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.