Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Estel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Sweden
Would somebody mind weighing their Smart Keyboard Folio and posting the weight here? Am interested in both the 11" and the new 12,9" folio weights. Will ultimately affect my decision of which iPad to get.
Thanks!
[doublepost=1541614752][/doublepost]Oops, somehow managed to miss another post about this :rolleyes:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/folio-and-keyboard-weight.2151349/

Smart Keyboard folio weight
for 11” pro: 296g
for 12.9" pro: ?

For comparison, (non-keyboard) folio weight
for 11” pro: 168g
for 12.9" pro: 242g

Anyone who can fill in the blank?

Treebark

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2010
Thanks! And blimey. That is one heavy setup.

Yes, it is. My immediate thought was the weight would be a deal breaker for me. Having the keyboard though I thought I may as well give it a try.

To my surprise I’m leaning towards keeping it. Having a keyboard always attached is making typing a lot easier, obviously, but also the rigid stand the keyboard provides is making for a nice way to have the iPad propped up. In the past with the Smart Cover I’d have it collapse on me. I don’t foresee this happening with the keyboard.

Weight is an issue, but as I think about how often I carry just the iPad by itself (not often, I throw it in a bag when I leave the house) vs usually having it in my lap, on a table, or propped up anyway, I realize I don’t carry it all that often.

I’m leaning towards keeping it, but the verdict is still out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.