Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hey all,

I love iPad Pro, the design, the feel, nearly everything about it but there is a bit of a problem for me.

I believe iPad Pro can change my daily life and replace my computer easily but the Smart Keyboard can not.

I go to Apple Store as much a I can and try but I feel it is too small and the feel is not like my loving MBP 13 inch keyboard. I would like to go without the keyboard but then there is the problem with the huge screen and typing.

I feel like iPad pro is like a tyrannosaurus, huge body with small hands.

Anybody have any idea about that , not the Logitech, please.

A good quality one that can change all my idea.

Or as I am thinking further, wait for the iPad Air 3 and make it daily machine with smart cover and acompany with my loving MBP 13.inch.

Suggestions, ideas, comments ?

Thanx

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Hey all,

I love iPad Pro, the design, the feel, nearly everything about it but there is a bit of a problem for me.

I believe iPad Pro can change my daily life and replace my computer easily but the Smart Keyboard can not.

I go to Apple Store as much a I can and try but I feel it is too small and the feel is not like my loving MBP 13 inch keyboard. I would like to go without the keyboard but then there is the problem with the huge screen and typing.

Or as I am thinking further, wait for the iPad Air 3 and make it daily machine with smart cover and acompany with my loving MBP 13.inch.

Thanx

Get the new magic keyboard as another option. Fantastic keyboard, light, portable and great compatibility

Reactions: Night Spring

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Get the new magic keyboard as another option. Fantastic keyboard, light, portable and great compatibility
I second this, if you really can't get onboard with the Smart Keyboard. I do, for the record, think that the Smart Keyboard is a great accessory and I use comfortably everyday, I can see why it wouldn't be for everyone. The magic keyboard is a smart alternative; the only drawbacks for me being that you have to charge it separately and it not being attached to the iPad.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'll third the suggestion of getting the new Bluetooth Magic Keyboard. It's small, light, feels good and since its Bluetooth you don't need to snap it directly onto the iPad. (So you could have the iPad in one spot and the keyboard anywhere that most comfortable for you.)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Another vote for the Magic Keyboard. Get a Smart Cover to prop up the iPad, and it's perfect. I suspect that combo might be lighter than the Smart Keyboard, though I haven't actually weighed them.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I love the smart keyboard and it’s all I need now as a case for my pro. Works very well with the silicone case for me. If it is too heavy then you can always take off the silicone when at home for example. Typing is very easy on the keyboard. Well worth the money for me.

Reactions: artfossil

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California

I second this, if you really can't get onboard with the Smart Keyboard. I do, for the record, think that the Smart Keyboard is a great accessory and I use comfortably everyday, I can see why it wouldn't be for everyone. The magic keyboard is a smart alternative; the only drawbacks for me being that you have to charge it separately and it not being attached to the iPad.

I'll third the suggestion of getting the new Bluetooth Magic Keyboard. It's small, light, feels good and since its Bluetooth you don't need to snap it directly onto the iPad. (So you could have the iPad in one spot and the keyboard anywhere that most comfortable for you.)

Another vote for the Magic Keyboard. Get a Smart Cover to prop up the iPad, and it's perfect. I suspect that combo might be lighter than the Smart Keyboard, though I haven't actually weighed them.

Thank you for that. I had no idea how I missed that option :)

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I love the smart keyboard cover for the pro also. I just flew in from Korea yesterday and was able to get a lot of work done on the plane. However, when the lights were turned off on the plane at night I had a lot of trouble reading the keyboard keys. I guess if I could type better that wouldn't have been as much of an issue.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
i love my smart keyboard too. immensely. the pros and cons trump the pros and cons of a magic bt keyboard for me. only just though.

my biggest grip? lack of a uk £ sign. yes, i can find an OPTION around it for most instances, but a button would be peachy.

bensisko

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
The Village
I'm also a big fan of the Smart Keyboard - Personally, it's one of my favorite keyboards I've ever used (the Microsoft Wedge being a close second).

There are a TON of external Bluetooth keyboards out there - some even more portable than the Magic Keyboard. Before I could get my hands on a Smart Keyboard, I used the Microsoft Wedge keyboard - Microsoft also has another neat folding Keyboard. Then there's always the Logitech Keys-to-Go keyboard.

sregreb

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2014
Hey all,

Thanx

I totally agree with the Magic Keyboard recommendations. This guy does a pretty good write up....

https://medium.com/@rasmusskjoldan/...r-and-it-s-not-a-test-9befc5c45a36#.uz9b56t46

engineerben

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Greenville Tx
Another vote for the Smart Keyboard. Not the best I've ever used (still partial to the old Cherry gold cross point, to be honest) but shockingly good for such a skinny, compact keyboard. Going forward, I'm one of those guys that signed up for the Waytools TextBlade last year - when that finally ships, we'll see if it can bump the SK off the perch as my go-to IPP keyboard!

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
Personally, I love the the Apple Smart Keyboard. In addition to enjoying typing on it, I like that I can easily separate it from my iPad Pro and reattach it. This is the main factor that changed my mind from the Logi Create.

Reactions: artfossil
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.