Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I am looking for a smartband with the ability to retrieve, even tho not as accurately as a dedicated tool, blood pressure and which is easy to use, easy to read and with a long battery life.

I need it for my mum whose blood pressure is a nightmare and, for those who are used to such illness, each and every time they use the tool to check it out anxiety sure makes so results are not reliable.

I'd get her the iWatch but dunno if worth the pain to invest 400 bucks so I rather get her a cheaper one before I eventually upgrade.

I see this MorePro X-Core Fitness Tracker HR on Amazon.com but can't find it on our Italian Amazon, it seems it could do it but I am pretty sure there are other ones similar (screen, features and battery wise) to it so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie

Giovanni

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
The Apple Watch can’t record blood pressure. It can record heart rate and if you are in the US it can take an ECG and give you alerts about arrhythmia.

Reactions: AustinIllini

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
First and foremost @Shanghaichica is correct, the iWatch only records heart beat and ECG is not available here in the EU, not yet at least and to spend that big amount of money to only record bpm is a waste, on the other hand I checked quite a few reviews off of smart bands and while they all seem to do average well for non competitive sports and a reliable heartbeat blood pressure wise they are not reliable at all and as such, even tho they are in the 30 euros range, it still is a waste of money, I mean, if you take a reading and it is either too high or too low still it will cause anxiety and, as a consequence, a raise or drop of the blood pressure itself which will result in more bad than good so I will drop the idea.

Thank you for your suggestions

Giovanni

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
In the UK we do call it a ECG. My husband is a doctor too. Obviously different in the states.
It is definitely regional. It's EKG in the US, but I can imagine in parts of the world where Anti-German sentiment is or has been part of the culture would call it ECG.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.