Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kurayami88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
as the title sez...

brand new unboxing... just today...

did the welcome setup... n beyond that... instantly updated the smc update...

standard apple stuff... pls connect wire... (or ensure >25% batt) ... figure it was brand new with >70% (and i've done updates without the power b4), i just clicked ok... it went onto a white screen with the mouse still movable... but that's about it...

now... white screen... mouse movable... longer than 30 mins and counting... i wouldn't wanna cold/force shut it down do i =(...

should i wait longer???... must i force shut down?

it didn't even had it's 1st normal shut down/start up yet ='( ... how sad is that....

Last edited:

kurayami88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
finally decided to force-shutdown it.... drats... restarted the machine n it instantly started the smc installation though...

so far so good... installation went fine... no other updates from apple...

~ installed BTT (to be customized when needed... but not using atm)

~ gfxstatus... integrated had obvious stuttering... discrete was smoother but not butter smooth...) ... *update,* after using awhile... the integrated performing better... not smooth, but better than when it 1st started...

~ dead pixel/backlight bleed / music test / + 1st appearance on the cosmetics seems all A-OK!

getting familiar with ML ( previous MB 2008~9 i think, it's C2D gfx 9800m... with SL)

~ black magic hdd test results are as expected...

~ m i missing anything????

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
Maybe a fan control?

PS: You might want to put [Solved] in the thread title ;)

kurayami88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
Maybe a fan control?

PS: You might want to put [Solved] in the thread title ;)

thx... updated title...

fan control, any recommendations? though, not incline to use any yet... my temps are hold well, n so far mostly in an air-con room... no intensive apps/progs yet... will be installing win7-bootcamp soon ... getting my stuff together...

from istatpro = (gfxstatus on integrated only atm)
cpu heatsink currently @ 42c
gpu @ 44c

if not mistaken, b4 i installed gfxstatus, cpu was at 50~ish and gpu was... i forgot... 55c?

~ btw, sound quality.... awesomeness!
~ did the terminal code test... get and LG screen.... no probs with it so far though =)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.