Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
Howdy Forum Memebers,

I was using PureVPN previously on my Macbook Pro MD 101. My subscription expired like 2 months back. I just received an email from their Customer Support about their "Cyber Week Deal" They are offering 88% off on Lifetime (5 years VPN plan).

The tag price was $657 but on Cyber Week Sale They are offering it for $79 for five years of VPN service.

Good thing is they are offering alot more than a standard VPN. It is a bit surprising for me considering the fact that they are offering exclusive services such as unblocking Netflix US, Netflix UK, Hulu, BT Sports, NBC Sports, Fubo TV app, ITV player, Fox SPorts and bbc iplayer along with other online streaming services.

They also support like 5 multi-logins, multiple VPN protocols, P2P optimized servers etc. But the price they are offering all this for (most probably because of Cyber week offer) is really low i.e. $79 for 5 years (roughly $1.32 a month if I break it down).

Apparently it is like they would be getting a really low amount as profit out of it, but good on the buyers’ end I guess! Here's the link (https://www.purevpn.com/vpn-deals/cybermonday) to take a look!

Moreover they are also 31 day money back guarantee so if your aren't satisfied you can get a refund.

I was using it to unblock BBC iplayer previously to watch Documentary Frozen Planet. So I can assure you that you can watch iplayer from USA as well.

Edited: Their Cybermonday deal is expired they are currently running one year deal on their homepage.

Details of the deal:

One Year for $35.88 instead of $69.95. Saving approx 73%

I was out of town and couldn't check the replies so I am replying it now.

Also I have share the Christmas Deal which I think might be useful for Forum Buddies.

TY....Happy Savings

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Howdy Forum Memebers,

I was using PureVPN previously on my Macbook Pro MD 101. My subscription expired like 2 months back. I just received an email from their Customer Support about their "Cyber Week Deal" They are offering 88% off on Lifetime (5 years VPN plan).

The tag price was $657 but on Cyber Week Sale They are offering it for $79 for five years of VPN service.

Good thing is they are offering alot more than a standard VPN. It is a bit surprising for me considering the fact that they are offering exclusive services such as unblocking Netflix US, Netflix UK, Hulu, BT Sports, NBC Sports, Fubo TV app, ITV player, Fox SPorts and bbc iplayer along with other online streaming services.

They also support like 5 multi-logins, multiple VPN protocols, P2P optimized servers etc. But the price they are offering all this for (most probably because of Cyber week offer) is really low i.e. $79 for 5 years (roughly $1.32 a month if I break it down).

Apparently it is like they would be getting a really low amount as profit out of it, but good on the buyers’ end I guess! Here's the link (https://www.purevpn.com/vpn-deals/cybermonday) to take a look!

Moreover they are also 31 day money back guarantee so if your aren't satisfied you can get a refund.

I was using it to unblock BBC iplayer previously to watch Documentary Frozen Planet. So I can assure you that you can watch iplayer from USA as well
Although I have a subscription to the service, I do not use it. I subscribed to several VPN's a few years ago, when I was testing each one for strengths and weaknesses vs marketing babble.

I wanted to point out that PureVPN says that they do not keep any logs of users, which, upon closer inspection of the privacy policy is not accurate. They do keep logs of when a user logs into their system, as well as how much bandwidth the user uses during each connection.

In light of the aforementioned, you could be at risk for civil and or criminal prosecution, depending on your use of said service, and whether or not activity at any given time is exposed to others with a rightful claim against you.

Many people use a VPN service on a regular basis, without checking to make sure the connection is secure. Far too many assume that because they have connection with the VPN service, they automatically become cloaked in internet anonymity, which is often not the case.

Often times, a VPN connection will suffer from a DNS leak, or a momentary connection drop. In my opinion, the average user doesn't even think to check for leaks or unforeseen disconnects.

The other aspect is many VPN's do not use a secure protocol connection by default. Many of the iOS and Mac apps come defaulted allowing the company to determine the best protocol for each connection. The default focus is on a speedy connection for the average user, not a secure connection that can take several more seconds to secure.

If you haven't been practicing safe and secure internet usage with your VPN service, you might want to consider doing some needed research before your next VPN connection.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I don't see Lifetime mentioned on that page so this ad post is wrong.

It should just be called a 5-year plan if that's the case. I have an actual lifetime plan with a VPN, so referring to a 5-year plan as "lifetime" is very misleading.

Gnikat

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2018
Although I have a subscription to the service, I do not use it. I subscribed to several VPN's a few years ago, when I was testing each one for strengths and weaknesses vs marketing babble.

I wanted to point out that PureVPN says that they do not keep any logs of users, which, upon closer inspection of the privacy policy is not accurate. They do keep logs of when a user logs into their system, as well as how much bandwidth the user uses during each connection.

In light of the aforementioned, you could be at risk for civil and or criminal prosecution, depending on your use of said service, and whether or not activity at any given time is exposed to others with a rightful claim against you.

Many people use a VPN service on a regular basis, without checking to make sure the connection is secure. Far too many assume that because they have connection with the VPN service, they automatically become cloaked in internet anonymity, which is often not the case.

Often times, a VPN connection will suffer from a DNS leak, or a momentary connection drop. In my opinion, the average user doesn't even think to check for leaks or unforeseen disconnects.

The other aspect is many VPN's do not use a secure protocol connection by default. Many of the iOS and Mac apps come defaulted allowing the company to determine the best protocol for each connection. The default focus is on a speedy connection for the average user, not a secure connection that can take several more seconds to secure.

If you haven't been practicing safe and secure internet usage with your VPN service, you might want to consider doing some needed research before your next VPN connection.

Very well said. I noticed that a lot of people use a VPN and don't even understand how it works or even IF it works at all.
Always remember to check your I.P address after connecting to a VPN server with the help of a website like "ipleak.net".

Some of the virtual private networks in the market have a kill switch feature which automatically disconnects you from the internet if the connection suffers a leak or a drop. Nord VPN is one of them. I chose this provider because I read some positive reviews and found a good deal for 3-year subscription almost a year before.

In my experience, the kill switch has activated itself on more than one occasion in the past year. I wouldn't recommend even considering using a VPN without a killswitch if you care about your security.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

geekycheesecake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Newyork
I'm confused. Is it lifetime or is it 5 years? Because those are very different things.

I bought a lifetime mail forwarding service in the 90's that's still active today, 22 years later.

Well that was 70s. Now Lifetime has become more of a five year agreement. Also I mentioned the five so that people don't get confused
[doublepost=1544874443][/doublepost]
I don't see Lifetime mentioned on that page so this ad post is wrong.

The link is redirect to some other page. I don't know just copy and paste it in separate tab
[doublepost=1544874887][/doublepost]

They have updated their privacy policy. https://www.purevpn.com/blog/vpn-logs-explained/

Sword86

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
I got one recently but found I have to have a U.S. tv account to sign into stream content off ESPN. That pissed me off.
I often can’t get certain NFL or college games on our networks so want to be able to get them elsewhere. I was stuck with play by play on the radio. The only thing I have really tried is to get into Netflix U.S. and it worked, but having to have an account with a US television provider was almost a deal killer for me. Good thing it was cheap.
The other piss off was I can’t get it up and running on my Macbook and they didn’t make much of an effort to resolve it. It doesn’t really matter since it is so ancient that it cannot Airplay. I assume is is my Macbook anyway. S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.