Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mountaineer304

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Morgantown Dub VEE
DF117D43-8354-4446-AA95-25048E4C2F19.jpeg
59CE93B8-1220-49D3-AE28-B38B40F7AD86.jpeg
So I've been debating with myself these last few days about upgrading to the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I'm still undecided... But I'm going to sell my and the wife's Apple Watch Series 4's and upgrade to the 5's... My question is... Where would be the best place to sell them? Lol? Both watches are like brand new they had liquid Glass screen protectors installed the moment they were taking out of the box, they don't have a scratch or scuff on the bodies or screens and we have about 10 extra bands, standing charging docks, all the original paper work and boxes... I'm very ocd about my stuff... The wife's is a 40mm gold aluminum cellular model and mines a 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Cellular Model..

Reactions: matrix07

Mountaineer304

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Morgantown Dub VEE
Just a question, if you’re upgrading why sell the bands? They’re compatible with the Series 5 as well.

Ya know I was just under the assumption they wouldn't fit.. Lol but yeah I'll probably keep them
[doublepost=1568615877][/doublepost]
That was my first question, but as to the OP's question, check out Swappa.com, they're fair, and get good prices.
Yeah? Thanks I'll check them out!

BritishApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2016
My question would be why upgrade at all?

Aside from the always on display, there’s little to choose between the Series 4 and Series 5.

Significant1

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2014

Aside from the always on display, there’s little to choose between the Series 4 and Series 5.
That is also a major thing. Ability to glance, without demonstrating for everyone, that now you are checking your watch.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England

Agreed. I pulled the trigger on a ceramic S5 and then cancelled it as its just not worth the extra money to upgrade from the S4 which is a great watch and will be even better with Watch OS6. I am waiting for next year as the series 6 is rumoured to have a new design, Microled, slimmer, brighter, better contrast, more vibrant colour display and better battery life.

coolerkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2015
View attachment 858856 View attachment 858855 So I've been debating with myself these last few days about upgrading to the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I'm still undecided... But I'm going to sell my and the wife's Apple Watch Series 4's and upgrade to the 5's... My question is... Where would be the best place to sell them? Lol? Both watches are like brand new they had liquid Glass screen protectors installed the moment they were taking out of the box, they don't have a scratch or scuff on the bodies or screens and we have about 10 extra bands, standing charging docks, all the original paper work and boxes... I'm very ocd about my stuff... The wife's is a 40mm gold aluminum cellular model and mines a 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Cellular Model..

eBay is always what I use, don’t know of anything better. The problem is that eBay is flooded with 4 series watches right now, as everyone is dumping them to get a 5, so unfortunately you’ll probably only sell it for about 40-50% of what you paid. I’m selling my SS, kinda bummed at how little they are selling for.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
eBay is always what I use, don’t know of anything better. The problem is that eBay is flooded with 4 series watches right now, as everyone is dumping them to get a 5, so unfortunately you’ll probably only sell it for about 40-50% of what you paid. I’m selling my SS, kinda bummed at how little they are selling for.
Yes the market is flooded and resale value is pretty bad and as an annual upgrader for watches and phones i am skipping both for the first time. If the S5 had been a significant upgrade then I would have taken the financial hit and ordered one but the difference is so minimal. Next year I shall upgrade both my watch and phone and the exchange rate for my XS Max and SSSB S4 will in,y be a couple of hundred less than it is this year

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Obviously it’s a little late for this advice, but being the rumors were pretty heavy that a ‘Series 5’ was coming in September, it’s always best to sell your current Apple Watch weeks (I’d say 3 weeks) before the keynote, you can maximize your value for what it’s worth _and_ you beat a large majority to the punch by selling online earlier, because once Apple announces the new Apple Watch, everyone is looking to offload their Series 4 on that same day of the keynote. I know that seems very rudimentary, but it’s also accurate in terms of understanding the resale market when a new product is about to be launch that will supersede the one you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.