Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikkipdx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
I just bought a new iPod as my old one was running out of space. I don't want to have another monthly subscription. I just want to be able to add music from my CDs to my iPod. How is that going to work since they are getting rid of iTunes?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
On Windows, iTunes is going to stay as it is for now. On the next macOS version, sync will be moving to the Finder but will work exactly the way it does now. You're going to still be able to manage your music the way you are now and rip CDs and import tracks from wherever. No subscription is going to be required still. :)

Nikkipdx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
On Windows, iTunes is going to stay as it is for now. On the next macOS version, sync will be moving to the Finder but will work exactly the way it does now. You're going to still be able to manage your music the way you are now and rip CDs and import tracks from wherever. No subscription is going to be required still. :)

That is great news! Thank you for this information!

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
I really hope the search function works better in the Finder method.

iTunes confuses me with where it searches, half the time it keeps searching everywhere other than my iPod!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.