Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
The dock is OS3's place for the apps you need to access quickly and/or frequently. Of course you can always have a complication for an app that isn't in your dock, but most of my complications are docked so I can get more info on the fly when I need it. Here is what I have in order of most frequently accessed to least:

Carrot (weather)
Due (Reminders)
Now Playing
Activity
Workout
Bring (grocery shopping)
Slack (communication for work)
Maps (I almost never use maps on the AW, so this is ripe for replacement)

I will probably replace Maps with Home or the Hue app (We use Hue smart lights in several of our rooms).

I do have other apps that are important, but not frequently used. I guess the nice thing about the dock is you can always add, remove and rearrange. While traveling I might have several apps there that I don't normally dock.

Sean

strategicthinke

Suspended
Feb 6, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Now playing, Mail (I use to process e-mail on the go, though that's a habit I'm developing since the watchOS 3 snappy update), Workout, WaterMinder, Meu Alelo (Brazilian app for meal tickets from my office and a supermarket card sponsored by my company), Uber, Reminders (for groceries list), OmniFocus (although I still expect them to make the watchOS app better by extending the limit of the number of reminders it can buffer in the watch, right now I have more than 50 activities and after about 30 of them it says I should use the iPhone to see more, making it somewhat useless to my usage), Maps.

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
I've started off with

Cheatsheet
Todoist
Carrot Weather
Timer
Workout
Breathe
Activity
Home

These are generally my most commonly used apps and having them launch instantly has been a real plus!

Only thing I've noticed is that on my old 1st Gen I'd finish the day with around 50% battery left in watchOS2, that a day of general use an an hour workout. The Series 2 seems to be finishing the day at around 30% with an hour workout (no GPS). I've not fiddled with any background refresh settings yet, it'd be handy if the Watch app broke down what was using the battery like the iPhone/iPad does.

racingbull

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
Calendar
Timer
Totalizer
Activity
Workaout
Heart rate
Pillow

... :)

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
Activity
Weather
Now playing
Reminders
Calendar
Overcast
Maps
Todoist

nav92

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2013
I have the following:
  1. Messages (for quick messaging via AW)
  2. Activity
  3. Calendar
  4. Weather
  5. Now Playing
  6. Reminders
  7. Forza (Live Soccer Updates)
  8. Shazam
  9. Phone
  10. FB Messenger

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
1 Messages
2 Activity
3 Now Playing
4 Mail

Most of my interactions with the Watch are a response to a notification, so I don't need to open the dock frequently. I really want to be able to send a message quickly or to check the email or change a song, so that's it.

Reactions: bluespark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.