Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Actually I was expecting to see such a mount already but seems like nobody came up with a product yet. Even from 3D geeks. Would you use that kind of mount to hang your Mac Mini/Studio at the back of the Studio Display? Mac Studio might be harder to do due its uneven weight distribution and larger size but don't know though.

• Sad
Reactions: basher

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
Actually I was expecting to see such a mount already but seems like nobody came up with a product yet. Even from 3D geeks. Would you use that kind of mount to hang your Mac Mini/Studio at the back of the Studio Display? Mac Studio might be harder to do due its uneven weight distribution and larger size but don't know though.
It's too heavy and bulky, even the Max, and the Ultra is 2lbs heavier.

Reactions: Adult80HD

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland

I might have created something, but the problem is the stand is straight and much shorter than the 27" iMac, and there is little room for the Studio, without creating an elaborate support, and covering the cable hole.

But if you have an idea how to mount the Studio, let me know

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Placing a Mac mini on the back of the Studio Display changes the center of gravity of the display. Is there a position for the Mac mini on the Studio Display that won't affect the tilt adjust of the display? It depends how stiff the tilt adjust is. If not then the Mac mini needs to be attached to the stand.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Mac Studio is unapologetically utilitarian.

I mean that in the best possible way.

It has ports in the front and the back because that’s what creative pros asked for. Why would it be a good idea to make them inaccessible by shoving the whole thing up and behind a display?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.