Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK
This looks like a very promising app for football/soccer fans

Watch highlights, full replays, analysis and documentaries on your Apple TV.

Browse your favorite soccer related subreddits on your TV:
• /r/soccer
• /r/footballhighlights
• /r/footballdocumentaries
• /r/soccergifs

Hopefully the dev will add support for /r/soccerstreams then you'll be able to watch live matches on your ATV

Caveat - I'm at work currently, just seen this on twitter so haven't had chance to install it yet!

Reactions: matrix07

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Do you think Apple would allow an app with that live stream feature? Or is it technical limitations?

tvOStoday

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2016
London
We reviewed the App a little while ago. From what I have been told there were initial plans to add streams but they haven't as yet in fear the App would get pulled from the store (and rightfully so).

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK
My understanding is that it's not exactly legal to stream those feeds. Is that not accurate?

You're 100% correct, it's not legal, but I suppose the argument would be that the app is providing access to that Reddit page, and isn't responsible for the content? Like Live Media Player, is just streaming app but can be used for watching games, as can Plex with the correct plugins....

I'm grasping at straws here

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
We reviewed the App a little while ago. From what I have been told there were initial plans to add streams but they haven't as yet in fear the App would get pulled from the store (and rightfully so).
Couldn't they create one that could be sideloaded?

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 4, 2010
UK

Indeed, it was your tweet/review that alerted me to it

I was reading the Reddit from the dev yesterday, where they mentioned that it was sort of in the works. Seems like it's worth a try to me, the worst that happens is that the new version is rejected? Lets be honest, it's already breaking copyright rules by even showing highlights and replays, so may as well go the whole hog and bring us what we really want ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.