Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfroman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Don't know if anyone can help on this or not.

I recently purchased a software called DXO Pro

It is a RAW converter that does a lot of other great things like specific lens correction, batch processing, noise removal, etc.

I received the Authorization Code after purchasing the software and entered it as advised.
But instead of getting the software to activate, I get a window saying I have to manually validate and initiate the software.
This window should not come up if I am connected to the internet. After this window comes up it basically quits.

I contacted DXO and they cannot figure out why it will not work on my Mac PRO.

Could there be some kind of protection on why my Mac Pro that will not allow the software to activate?

Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions?

gfroman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
I have narrowed it down to the following :

DXOOpticsPro5[440] *** can't copy from (null) to /Library/Application Support/PACE Anti-Piracy/License Files/OPv5_5.3.4_License.ilf
DXOOpticsPro5[440] *** can't install license file: (null)

Seems like my Mac Pro is not accepting the License File.
Anyone have suggestions how to correct this Anti-Piracy issue on my Mac?
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Jimmys

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
It might be a permission problem with the folder it is trying to write the license file try fixing permissions or manually changing the permissions on the folder.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
I had the same problem with Kodak's ROC (Restoration of Color) plug-in. I emailed them and received a response within a day.

The solution that Kodak emailed me entailed correcting the permissions in my "Users Shared Library" my main one - i.e. the one found in the Mac HD and NOT the others in your Home folder etc. All 3 had to be changed to read&write, and that did the trick.

My feeling is that you would probably need to do the same to the folder where this program is installed.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

dodgegb

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
I'm having this issue to having just moved to a new Mac Pro from a PC. I'm a pro photographer and SERIOUSLY hacked off with DxO's support on this issue. It's a great product, and a key part of my workflow but I've been without it for two weeks now and it is just not good enough.

It's particularly annoying that there isn't even a phone number to ring to escalate this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.