Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
California
Hey all,

I'm looking for some software to apply my panoramic pictures from my Canon S400. I had a program on Windows about a year ago which "stitched" the pictures together but I don't remember the name nor do I think it was available for OS X.

Or, if anyone has other ideas how to put the panoramics together, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Kekus software is the best solution I've found for what you're wanting to do.

Kevin's program called "Calico" is simply an amazing piece of software and well worth the $49.

Don't waste your time trying to learn other software... calico is the one you want.

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
The fastest and most accurate "auto" one I've found is Autopano Pro, however it is about twice the price of calico

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
The software that Canon ships with the camera is pretty good. If not Adobe "Elements" is good too.

There is another that I've used that works better but it is not "point and click, full auto" Look here if you are willing to work a bit to use what is truly the state of the art http://wiki.panotools.org/

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
California
First, thanks for the replies.

I went ahead with DoubleTake as it is very similar to the software I used on Windows, but mostly because it was ~$20. I trialed it first to see how it worked and it gave me a very good output and it has a few options to manually adjust the stitch.

Once I am done with school I'll dive into photography a lot more and probably will look for something more 'powerful'. Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.