Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wonderlover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
I manage my band. I’m looking for something like Planning Center Online but less focused on religious institutions.

I have about 30 musicians/techs that I book a few times a week.

I’m currently using Google Calendars, Dropbox, and Wordpress to handle everything I’d like to accomplish.

I've been doing research for about a couple of months and have tried a LOT of different software solutions but none are geared towards what I need or they're EXTREMELY expensive and beyond the scope of what we need.

I’m looking for some software/app/solution that will allow me to:

• send Calendar requests … send a request to a musician for them to ACCEPT or DECLINE to let me know they’re available for the gig.

• have a possible portal so each team member can login and see what gigs/events they're scheduled to

• ability to email or text or push notify of any changes or important updates

• ability to host MP3’s and sheet music PDF pages so the musicians can preview the gig materials beforehand.

• mapping coordinates so when i add the address of the gig, it can hotlink to Google Maps or Waze

• an ability to show each musician/tech what gigs THEY have coming up booked with me. For instance, “Mike” on guitar can click and see all the dates he’s booked with me.

• mobile app integration if possible

I’ve looked for months for things and I’ve come up short on a lot of things.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I’d really appreciate it.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
In what way are you currently using Wordpress?

What CRM/Project-type apps have you looked at? I'm thinking that everyone would need to be full participants in the CRM app which might not be practical but I could be wrong.

wonderlover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007

What CRM/Project-type apps have you looked at? I'm thinking that everyone would need to be full participants in the CRM app which might not be practical but I could be wrong.

I'm using Wordpress for just an info page for our Team.
I created a Master Page where it has all the dates posted on it. They click on a date and it opens a page with all the Events Info on it.

Software I've looked into:
PlanningCenterOnline
Gigwell
TourManagement
MyGigs
WhenIWork
ShiftBoard
Eventric

There's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

Was wondering if anyone does similar stuff and has any pointers or suggestions.
[doublepost=1498092460][/doublepost]

To get everyone involved in the App wouldn't be a problem. In fact, it would be welcomed as they could possibly have Mobile App access and Push Notifications for event info/reminders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.