Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ios freek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
image.png
image.png
its been 1 month likely i update ios 9.3.3 now my problem is I can't update my iOS device via OTA. can anyone know whats my problem is.

cebixd

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2015
Croatia
Idk. But why would you update to 9.3.4? This update contains nothing else but security patch, that blocks jailbreak. Nothing else

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Idk. But why would you update to 9.3.4? This update contains nothing else but security patch, that blocks jailbreak. Nothing else
The patch is for a security issue which can be used for jailbreaking or potentially be exploited in some other (possibly malicious) way. So for someone that doesn't care about jailbreaking, why wouldn't they update? And why does that even matter as far as OP's issue with the software update functionality not working?

cebixd

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2015
Croatia
If he doesnt care about the jailbreak then update. Try to delete beta profiles (if you have them). Or update from itunes
The patch is for a security issue which can be used for jailbreaking or potentially be exploited in some other (possibly malicious) way. So for someone that doesn't care about jailbreaking, why wouldn't they update? And why does that even matter as far as OP's issue with the software update functionality not working?
f

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.