Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niooi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Hi,

Context:
  • I have a Macbook Pro 14 M1X (base model) connected directly to the original Apple power supply via USB-C.
  • My computer has no peripherals connected (i.e. External monitor, usb hub, etc.).
  • I have software's downloading content therefore I do not want these to stop when the screen goes off.
  • I never had this issue with my previous Macs, and in the power settings I've checked "Prevent your Mac from Automatically sleeping when the display is off".
Issue:
  • Every-time the screen goes off the computer goes in fact to sleep stopping all running apps. How to fix this please? It seems a bug compared to the previous Macs I had.
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 22.10.14.png

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 22.22.00.png

white7561

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2016
World
Hi,

Context:
  • I have a Macbook Pro 14 M1X (base model) connected directly to the original Apple power supply via USB-C.
  • My computer has no peripherals connected (i.e. External monitor, usb hub, etc.).
  • I have software's downloading content therefore I do not want these to stop when the screen goes off.
  • I never had this issue with my previous Macs, and in the power settings I've checked "Prevent your Mac from Automatically sleeping when the display is off".
Issue:
  • Every-time the screen goes off the computer goes in fact to sleep stopping all running apps. How to fix this please? It seems a bug compared to the previous Macs I had.
View attachment 1942860

View attachment 1942861
Weird. Mine works fine on the 16 inch M1 Pro.. I'm on latest stable

Reactions: niooi

white7561

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2016
World
Thanks good to know. I have the latest version updated as well. I wonder if it is related to a Touch ID feature...
Idk. My touch id is enabled too. And when the screen turned off. It locks the computer. But it doesn't sleep. And touching the touch id with my registered finger unlocks and turns on the screen

niooi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
The issue is still on. I tried rebooting leaving the panel opened but it still went to sleep after the screen went off.

I even installed the software called Amphetamine, still no improvements.

I have installed a webcam cover but I doubt it is related to that. i.e. Maybe misleading the computer to believe the lid is closed.
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 8.47.08.png

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I must ask, “Are you absolutely sure it’s going to sleep?”

Maybe try cycling that setting off and on again?

niooi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I must ask, “Are you absolutely sure it’s going to sleep?”

Maybe try cycling that setting off and on again?

Good question, thanks. I believe so as when I re-log in all my apps are re-loading, it's almost like my computer is re-starting:

- VPN stopped
- The menu bar's icon are reloading when I re-log in
- Apps are reloading when I re-log in
- However, Amphetamine app has disappeared. It has not even reloaded (It's not part of my 'Start at login' apps) this is why it seems the computer is even rebooting not just re-logging if that makes sense.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
That sounds like you’re actually being logged out of your account. I’m not at my Mac right now but there is a security setting to auto-logout. If it is, you can turn it off like this:
  1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences
  2. Click Security & Privacy
  3. Click General
  4. Click the lock icon ?to unlock it
  5. Enter an administrator name and password
  6. Click Advanced
  7. Uncheck “Log out after... minutes of inactivity”
  8. Click Ok

Reactions: niooi

niooi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Problem is resolved! Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.