Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anika200

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
USA
I own an iMac and want to get the most out of my Google and Android experience too, why not. :)
So I want to create a list and add to it over time on how I am able to blend OSX and Android phone and Google.
Please feel free to add posts and your knowledge.

First one: Google contacts labels to Apple Contacts without apps.

I need my Google labels or as sometimes referred to as Groups in Google contacts app as used from
https://contacts.google.com

Here is the way to do it without an extra app, found buried in apple support from rickMBP

1. In the google website as above or your Android app Copy and paste the Google Group title into the "Notes" section of every contact in the Google Group.

2. In Apple Contacts, under "File", click to create a new Smart Group.

3. Paste the Google Group title into both the "Smart Group Name" section and the "Card contains..." section.

4. Click OK and your new Apple Smart Group should populate to reflect your Google Group.

It works great, but you do have to remember to add your group/label (for example "clients 2017") into the Notes section of the Google or Android contacts app. Of course it is only one way at the moment but that is all I need.

I hope it is OK to start this thread here, please advise if against the rules or needs new home.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.