Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hi Everyone. 'Just looking for some CC from my recent trip to the National Aviary. I posted these on FredMiranda too but wanted your opinions also. Rather than posted them here and killing people on dial up, here is a link to my SmugMug album with a few selections from the trip.

All were shot with a Nikon D50 and a Tamron 70-300mm macro/telephoto lens.

Thanks!

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Wow, these photos are really nice. The colors are so warm and rich.

-T

Thanks for the kind words!

Some of the pics are a little noisy so I might have to NoiseNinja em'. It was pretty dim so I shot on ISO 800/1600.:(

vandi

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Atlanta
Simply AMAZING

All i can say is wow! that D50 really performs well. the colors are soooo vibrant and.....just....wow. Nice work!

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Nice shots. I really ought to find someplace like that in my area. The bokeh is certainly nice for a 'cheap zoom' like your tamron. I'm also impressed by the high-ISO saturation from your D50. Did you do any saturation enhancement in post processing?

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Nice shots. I really ought to find someplace like that in my area. The bokeh is certainly nice for a 'cheap zoom' like your tamron. I'm also impressed by the high-ISO saturation from your D50. Did you do any saturation enhancement in post processing?

Thanks again everyone for the comments!

Will, I did bump the saturation a tiny bit as I was shooting through glass for most of em', and the color was a little diminished. I'm sure you could find an aviary in Chicago, take a look around! I'm glad I went and it was certainly a fun trip.. out of the ordinary photo shoot. :)

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
wow, the dof on 1 and 3 are amazing, It creates and abstract background that looks great with the the details of the birds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.