Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
How's it going? I've recently began coupling photos with similar or contrasting messages to see what would happen.

Last edited:

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I think you've got a great eye. I don't know if I personally like some of the work presented as diptychs, I think they are strong enough to stand on their own.

It's a nice idea, keep exploring it for sure.

nice work!

I see you're from WM, same as me - small world.....

POHeerwig

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2006
Visually, my eye was drawn to the close-up of the basketball player and the two apple-related pictures. I think it's because they're simple / clean shots. I'd like to see the basketball player's face with a fill flash though - I'd like to see the expression on his face as he makes the shot. Some athletes just have ...a certain 'spark'. I'm curious to see if it's there.

Nice work!

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
I very much like the basketball shots. The shot angles are very nice and I like the BW/color effect. I don't think it's cheesy personally. I think it adds. I also really like the fingers through the sand. The apple related pics are good, although too much empty black space in the PB one.

You've got an excellent eye, keep experimenting!

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Oh nice, lots of Louisiana people around here. Any particular places around the north part that you enjoy walking and photographing? Check out Gibsland sometime... might not automatically think of it, but I was assigned to photograph their town for a website. Lots of interesting stuff to be found!

And thanks to everyone for the comments!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yeah, the hands and the door photo are the best. I still don't understand the fascination with the apple photo, or why the hands photo and the photo of the singer are paired together. What's the association?

pigbat

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2005
Great shots but I'm not a fan of the selective coloring of the ball in those.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
Places in north LA

Check out Dubach, LA. They have a small lake and some of the architecture students from Tech have built a couple of projects on the lake (bridge and pavillion). Could be a good spot to shoot. Also they have Lincoln Park (i think thats its name). It is a park with biking trails, wooded areas, and a pond. I am from Ruston by the way so this is a very small world.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
macdaddy121 said:
Check out Dubach, LA. They have a small lake and some of the architecture students from Tech have built a couple of projects on the lake (bridge and pavillion). Could be a good spot to shoot. Also they have Lincoln Park (i think thats its name). It is a park with biking trails, wooded areas, and a pond. I am from Ruston by the way so this is a very small world.

Ironically, I built the new Dubach website. I've been through the whole town photographing aspects of it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.