Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Never had any problems with my SB Series 2 watch till after I did the latest watch and iPhone updates.

Now my phone does all the notification sounds while wearing the watch. Just like it was not connected or paired to an AW. Today I also see that I have zero hours standing with 7900 steps taken.

I have restarted both devices multiple times. I have unpaired and repaired both using a backup repaired as a new watch and it does not change either notifications or my stand data.

So much for having good luck with my Apple watches. I could forgive it for not being able to dependability reading my HR, but now this. What will stop working next?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...I lived in Atlanta many, many years and can not imagine what you traffic is going to be like for the nest 3 months.
Screen%20Shot%202017-03-31%20at%207.21.28%20PM_zpssswti3hf.png

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I am sure that is frustrating and I am not sure why it would behave that way. I am not having either problem after upgrading the phone or the watch.

What version of IOS are you currently running on your phone? I know they had the public release version of 10.3 on March 27 and then quickly put out a beta iOS 10.3.2, 14F5065b, the next day. I updated to that and maybe in doing so didn't notice issues? I am not sure, but nothing strikes me as odd or different in the way my watch has been behaving.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am sure that is frustrating and I am not sure why it would behave that way. I am not having either problem after upgrading the phone or the watch.

What version of IOS are you currently running on your phone? I know they had the public release version of 10.3 on March 27 and then quickly put out a beta iOS 10.3.2, 14F5065b, the next day. I updated to that and maybe in doing so didn't notice issues? I am not sure, but nothing strikes me as odd or different in the way my watch has been behaving.

Was using the latest OS on both phone and watch. All worked fine after the updates, it was a day or two later. Could just be hardware failure.

Anyway moving on and back to my Garmin Chronos Ti

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.