Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
Hi,

How do you take HDR photos with a Sony-W200? It isn't the best camera, but it is all I have right now.

So far I know two ways of doing it:

Take multiple photos (usually on at -2.0EV, 0EV and 2.0EV), use Photomatix to edit w/"Tone Mapping"

Set camera to shoot three pictures at 1.0EV apart (shoots three pictures-1.0EV, 0EV and 1.0EV really quickly), then using Photomatix to edit w/"Tone Mapping"

Is that all there is to it? Surely there has to be more, it seems too simple :p

Also, what is "RAW"? I don't know if my camera supports it or not, but I read if you take a single photo in RAW and then edit the exposure levels you can make an HDR photo out of that?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Hi,

How do you take HDR photos with a Sony-W200? It isn't the best camera, but it is all I have right now.

So far I know two ways of doing it:

Take multiple photos (usually on at -2.0EV, 0EV and 2.0EV), use Photomatix to edit w/"Tone Mapping"

Set camera to shoot three pictures at 1.0EV apart (shoots three pictures-1.0EV, 0EV and 1.0EV really quickly), then using Photomatix to edit w/"Tone Mapping"

Is that all there is to it? Surely there has to be more, it seems too simple :p

Also, what is "RAW"? I don't know if my camera supports it or not, but I read if you take a single photo in RAW and then edit the exposure levels you can make an HDR photo out of that?

I'm trying to learn about HDR also...I have a D50...and i have no idea how to make an HDR pic hahaha......But a RAW image is the biggest image a camera can take. it takes the complete light, noise, etc. I'm positive that only DSLR cameras can take the RAW format....Thats pretty much all i know haha

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
Maybe now you know why there are so many people doing this.

So that's pretty much all there is to it (shooting wise)?

I took three photos today, -1EV, 0EV, then 1EV and am now editing in Photomatix.

I exported it, and it looks great!

Do you know of any websites for tips on editing/making HDRIs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.