Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MilliElektra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Its hard to sort the APPs. I tap on the app and then i can move it and the background too but i can t place it then. Almost impossible.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Its hard to sort the APPs. I tap on the app and then i can move it and the background too but i can t place it then. Almost impossible.

As Johnny Five (Short Circuit) said: "Need more input".

Care to elaborate on what the issue is? Not sure we can help with what we have.

Last edited:

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Related but...

Cant modify folders when placed on Dock. Unable to move an app icon as it will then go to Home desktop.
Cannot add an app to a folder if the folder is on Dock.

use to work. Now, I have to move folder off the Dock, make changes, then move folder back to the Dock.

happens on iPad OS as well whether choose more or less icons grid layout.

I would prefer apps not be forced to upper left corner of the screen and allowed to be free form and start at bottom, or along the sides. So instead I have apps in four folders on the Dock and a clear desktop.
B1A2ABAA-A703-4703-AEC9-81DE2EF0DD03.jpeg

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Related but...

Cant modify folders when placed on Dock. Unable to move an app icon as it will then go to Home desktop.
Cannot add an app to a folder if the folder is on Dock.

use to work. Now, I have to move folder off the Dock, make changes, then move folder back to the Dock.

happens on iPad OS as well whether choose more or less icons grid layout.

I would prefer apps not be forced to upper left corner of the screen and allowed to be free form and start at bottom, or along the sides. So instead I have apps in four folders on the Dock and a clear desktop. View attachment 851008

It's been that way for a while. You have to move the folder out of the dock, add the icons, and then move the folder back to the dock. Obviously, it's a bug.

As far as "free form" placement of app icons, there's an app for that: Android. The fixed grid, top-to-bottom, left-to-right placement is an Apple/iOS thing...

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
I had no issue with prior versions of this beta nor iOS 12 with modifying folders / apps on the Dock. Only since latest beta.

So for me it just started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.