Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you noticed changes in overall sound volume in your iPhone XS Max?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
I've had the iPhone XS Max 256GB since launch.

The volume was excellent, nice a loud easily heard.

I have all volume controls set to maximum in settings, and in the control Panel, and in Siri.

However, after months of use the sound has become noticeably lower. Its now to the point when Im in a quiet room Im having to hold the phone's speakers up to my ear just to hear what is being spoken. This is not something that occurred for many months.

The sound volume through the iPhone speakers has progressively become worse.

I must emphasis that all sound settings are set to full.

Is this an issue any other users are experiencing?

iOS 12.2

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Do you have any lint etc stuck in your speaker grills? Years ago I had trouble with the sound on my old iPhone 6 Plus and eventually discovered that the speaker holes where stuffed with lint from my pocket. After a little clean out the sound level was as good as new.

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Five votes in the poll thus far, and three of them indicate their volume has worsened as well? I'm the only "no" vote at this point. Can the people who voted "yes" share their experiences?

@OP - that isn't normal. I'd suggest making an appointment with Apple. Let them take a look at the phone. Something isn't right.

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
I swear on everything I started noticing this like 2 weeks ago on my XS Max and on Monday the same thing started with my XR. I for real honestly thought I was either going crazy or losing my hearing.

I still could be having either one of those going on however. I’m just glad to know at least one other person notices the same thing that I have.

It’s just weird that I noticed it at different times on my devices lol... I feel like if it were me it would’ve started at the same time on both.

And no this post is not sarcasm I am being very serious. This is truly something I have noticed lol and I sound crazy to myself typing it out LMAO!!!

I just feel like there is no way this can be true, but I be damned if I don’t feel like it is actually happening ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.