Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricecrispies

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2018
In Voice Memos, the space bar, which is supposed to stop and resume recordings, never works. I have no trouble with the space bar in any other app. How can I make the space bar shortcut work?

EDIT: I've just noticed that record and play/pause buttons appear on the touch bar of my MacBook Pro. I use a different keyboard and external monitors when I am at my desk, which is why I didn't notice this before. The trouble is that the laptop is usually parked at the far end of my desk, where the buttons are hard to reach. I have a media play/pause button on my external keyboard, but that doesn't seem to launch Apple Music, which is something I don't need it to do, instead of doing what I want it to do.

Last edited:

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I'm not sure if that's possible. However, command-n will start a new recording and command-s will stop it.

That's assuming you're referring to creating new recordings.

If you mean simply playing back recordings you've already made, then the space bar does indeed toggle pause/resume playback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.