Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecstaticax

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Hi, I have an annoying problem with Smart Keyboard, with iPad Pro 12,9", set with Italian configuration.
Everything works normally, than, without any logical reason, space bar stops working. Sometimes I need to unplug the connection between iPad and keyboard, some others I am obliged to reboot my iPad.
Do you know if it something common? Is there any solution apart from rebooting?
I didn't try to change from Italian to US to check if space bar works again. I will.

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
Hi, I have an annoying problem with Smart Keyboard, with iPad Pro 12,9", set with Italian configuration.
Everything works normally, than, without any logical reason, space bar stops working. Sometimes I need to unplug the connection between iPad and keyboard, some others I am obliged to reboot my iPad.
I didn't try to change from Italian to US to check if space bar works again. I will.

I don't know how common this is but I can say it was happening on one of the IPad pros I tested out at the Apple Store

Cellanjie

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2016

I have the same problem here in the US. It is driving me crazy. Was hoping for an answer. :/

WC Banta

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2020
I have the same problem. I’m not trying to enter an email address - just documents like Pages and Notepad. I can use it with an attached real keyboard, but as soon as I try to detach it and go to the virtual keyboard, the key board appears without a space bar. I tried rebooting; no luck.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I have the same problem. I’m not trying to enter an email address - just documents like Pages and Notepad. I can use it with an attached real keyboard, but as soon as I try to detach it and go to the virtual keyboard, the key board appears without a space bar. I tried rebooting; no luck.
Have you tried a hard reset?

WC Banta

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2020
Yikes! If you mean resetting the device all the way to factory settings, no. I hope that's not the only way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.